A decade ago, a team of researchers showed clearly that a new treatment for advanced lung cancer significantly improved patients’ quality of life, reduced symptoms of depression, lowered the likelihood of being admitted to the hospital for a complication of their disease, and improved survival. Subsequent research has found similar beneficial effects in other cancers and diseases.
- Researchers: Nearly 90% of Americans Do Not Understand Palliative Care
- Kaiser Study: 90% of Patients’ End-of-Life Goals Met After Advance Care Planning
- Advance Care Planning For Medicare Beneficiaries Increased Substantially, But Prevalence Remained Low
- A Brief But Spectacular take on the importance of palliative care in rural communities
- Community-Based Palliative Care Benefit Could Shake Up the Home Health Market