Public misperception is a barrier between patients and palliative care. Based on the true story of a nurse practitioner’s experiences with patients and families facing serious and terminal illnesses, the film “The Elephant in the Room” depicts the patient-centered interdisciplinary care that so many seriously ill patients need.
- Researchers: Nearly 90% of Americans Do Not Understand Palliative Care
- Kaiser Study: 90% of Patients’ End-of-Life Goals Met After Advance Care Planning
- Advance Care Planning For Medicare Beneficiaries Increased Substantially, But Prevalence Remained Low
- A Brief But Spectacular take on the importance of palliative care in rural communities
- Community-Based Palliative Care Benefit Could Shake Up the Home Health Market