Family caregivers often serve as unpaid members of the home and community-based care workforce for people with serious illness; as key partners in the home-clinic continuum, they should be included in health care teams. The Campaign for Inclusive Care is an initiative within the Veterans Affairs health care system to improve provider practices for including caregivers of military members in treatment planning and decisions.
- Researchers: Nearly 90% of Americans Do Not Understand Palliative Care
- Kaiser Study: 90% of Patients’ End-of-Life Goals Met After Advance Care Planning
- Advance Care Planning For Medicare Beneficiaries Increased Substantially, But Prevalence Remained Low
- A Brief But Spectacular take on the importance of palliative care in rural communities
- Community-Based Palliative Care Benefit Could Shake Up the Home Health Market